Sign in to follow this  
Resnik

I know what we use at work, but stuck at home installation

Hi,

My first post here, well I'm not new in this field, as I work as security technician in small country in the middle of the europe, and apart from alarms and video control, we also install video surveillance. IP cameras I'm familiar with are; Mobotix, Actii, Vivotek, Geovision, IQeye (shutter stuck anyone?), Ubnt Aircam, and some others. As for analog cameras, we mostly use Dahua DVR (branded as something else) and Samsung,

and maintain some old systems like Geutebruck, and Digiview.

Ok, enough about me

But sadly I'm on a budget at home, and I'm looking for some good IP day/night cameras.

I'd need one good dome camera, and one day/night, or if dome would be too expensive, area would be monitored with 4 day/night cameras.

Lets start with good NVR,

I'd like to move away from windows system, so I decided to scrap my idea of using dedicated PC + Avigilon software/hardware.

At work we also use IPcorder http://www.ipcorder.com/en/nvr-ipcorder/what-is-ipcorder/ , but I'm not satisfied with it, as it does not play nice with all the brands, + it has some serious CPU issues.

So I'm considering Aver's EH1004H .

Now IP cameras, I would like something to have full HD.

I personally like UBNT's Aircam due to its price, but its only 720p, and no night mode, gotta wait for PRO version to come out

Mobotix is also nice, but its price is omg crazy, so somewhere in the middle, I think Vivotek would be a good solution?

so long story short I need suggestion for:

NVR

D/N 2m/1080p camera

D/N PTZ Dome

ty in advance

I don't get why people want to use computers for recording video. Specialized dedicated device is the only way to go. I hope your installation company doesn't go around installing stuff on people's computers for non-analog installs.

Get a nice DVR that can be placed in a hard to reach hidden location on the property.

KNR-090 (4 chan), you can have like 5 fps per channel max, if you use all four channels, otherwise you hit 100% cpu mark.

And I was also unable to add one Onvif protocol camera (Geovision), but error indicated that problem was with Ipcorder, I forwarded details about the problem to them, so they can fix it.

I don't get why people want to use computers for recording video. Specialized dedicated device is the only way to go.

I chose to set up a dedicated Linux box for recording. The reason is that the Zoneminder software is so versatile. I have a bunch of different make chinese/better quality cameras, almost none of them onvif compliant. If I have some way to get pictures or stream from the camera, eg via ftp, via http or via rtsp, the software is capable of processing it. Afaik this kind of wide array of supported ip cameras is not possible with embedded systems.