Sign in to follow this  
Alan87i

IR block filter material or lens

I have some Aircams from Ubiquiti, They come with a 4 mm lens that look like these I found on the net. 199668_1.jpg Board mount lens

These cameras do not have an auto IR block filter built in. The filter is pressed or glued too the back side of the lens.

Regular lens's I have here will let the camera see IR in the dark, but destroy the color daytime image.

I would like to swap out the 4mm on a couple cameras for an 8 and 12mm lens.

I have 3 questions.

Does anyone know where I can order different size lens's with an IR block filter on the backside?

Is it possible to buy this material and cut it my self to fit on lens's I already have? Where?

IS there a lens available of this type , board mount, with an electric sensor built in, that I could add a photocell too by hacking the camera?

Thanks Folks.

Allan

You can order lenses with IR blocking on the web, but you have to be careful, as there are 2 kinds of IR coatings - one that blocks IR, and one that changes the focal point of IR so that the IR focuses the same as white light.

You can also buy IR filters in various sizes and materials. On ebay, search for ir filter laser, ir filter pcs, ir filter pieces to find various size filters that may work for you. Be sure to get ones that block IR (they'll be greenish or clear), not the ones that pass it (which will be black or red).

Alternately, you can search for ir filter block, but most of these are for cameras, and are big (like 1" diameter), so would have to be cut down.

Here's one that may do - they call it ir pass, but it's an ir block filter, it appears:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/cctv-lens-camera-filter-IR-pass-new-/370312574186?pt=US_Surveillance_Accessories&hash=item56385974ea

To find lenses that have it built in, try sending a message to ebay vendor RageCams. They carry quite an assortment of lenses, and I've had good luck with them, but they are more expensive than the normal ebay cheap lenses.

Here's a link to an IR cut filter you can install yourself - not recommended for the faint of heart!

http://www.surveillanceparts.com/products/Dual-IR%252dCut-Optical-Filter-for-MTV-Mount-Board-Camera.html

Thanks for the reply!!

I'm looking real hard at the 10.00 ir cut filter.

I think with some time I can make it work.

I am sorry because i am not knowing much, all of i know is that there are two kinds of CCTV Lens, one the focal distance is fixed,and the other one can be varifocal.

You can find the fixed focal distance CCTV lens on

http://www.surmall.com/cctv-security-products/cctv-lens.html

,and the distance is between 8mm to 25mm, there are also some varfocal lens.