jsampsell

Initializing Error

Ok, so I posted awhile back about getting two new "PTZ-W470A Outdoor PTZ Security Camera, 520 TVL, Speed Dome, 35x zoom" cameras and asked for help with power.

Well, power is ok (although I had a *** of a time soldering since it had been years since I had done it previously) but now I get an initializing error. I bought this from CCTV Camera Pros and they've been nothing but over-the-top helpful from the beginning but one frustrating thing today was that I called their number and got a live person but it was an answering service. I suppose this is a matter of opinion but a recorded message telling me that they are not open and giving me their hours of operation would have been better than going through my entire schpeal about the initializing error only to find out Mark wasn't going to really help me. Anyhow, frustration aside, I'm hoping that somebody here can possibly help me with the initializing error over the weekend so that I don't have to wait until Tuesday to call them for help.

Before you ask, I've read the manual from front to back (well, the English section anyway) and there is no reference to any initializing error. Oh, this may not be related but the control module that is referenced in the manual is not what I was sent. I realize that RS-485 is a protocol so most any control module should work but I was, never-the-less, surprised to see a difference. And since these devices don't have any brand names (or names of any kind for that matter) on them, I have no way of knowing that the control module is even made by the same company as the camera. Again, that may not be too important in the end but I just like to see what is being referred to in the instruction manual so that if there are any issues I can consult it instead of seeking out help on the internet. Then again, this manual isn't written very well. Typical translation issues aside, it just doesn't get into to much detail. Very odd.

This is my first foray into these non-name brand cameras. I bought it because of the 35x optical zoom. But I'm stumped as to what to do next to get it working. I guess I'll try hooking up the RS-485 to my DVR and see if that works at all. But I'm guessing it won't because in order for me to get the cameras that these are replacing working I had to go in and set the device ID. And, of course, no where in the manual for these new cameras mentions anything about changing the device ID.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy