Hudsonator

Connecting camera to Digital Watchdog VMAX480

I am trying to help a friend replace two Pelco CCTV cameras with IP network cameras and need some help/input...

He has older Pelco CCTV cameras connected to a new Digital Watchdog DW-VMAX480-16 DVR....the existing cameras are connected to the back of the DVR via coaxial with BNC connectors. Two of his Pelco PTZ cameras have died (DD53C22) and he wants to replace them with new IP network cameras (Axis M1104's).

My questions is this...can the Axis M1104's simply be connected to the DW DVR using a CAT5e cable plugged into the camera and the other end connected into the DVR via a BNC connector on the opposite end of the ethernet cable? If not, then any input onto how I would connect the new IP cameras to the DVR for proper integration would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!

thanks for the reply. so, based on what you said, are there any analog cameras you would recommend in the $1000 and under price range? Would prefer a PTZ model, if the video quality is good enough (less than $1000), but would go with a fixed model if it turns out to be a much better value overall.

thanks again!