Sign in to follow this  
humanparody

Remote viewing, artifacts on one camera

I have 4 outdoor cameras set up on UTP.

The live feed and recorded files are good.

My issue is with one camera and only on remote viewing.

The artifacts are two horizontal bands that go from edge to edge. The bottom band extends from the bottom of the screen to 1/3 the way up and the top band extends from the top edge to 1/4 the way down.

Each band consists of vertical stripes of either green or blue, sometimes chunks of which change from one to the other. The vertical stripes are equally spaced and between them is visible picture. My cameras are 480 so I'd imagine that 240 vertical lines are spread across each band.

I've also noticed that they change to a different pattern at night when my IR kicks on. They only explanation I can figure is that they appear to cover the darker areas of the picture(the daytime picture has green grass in the bottom and a tree canopy across the top).

Any clue as to what might be causing this?

The cameras are from Q-see and the remote viewing app is Super Cam Pro.

Side note:

This happens on all of my iPhones and iPads, and happens whether I am viewing over the Internet or locally over wifi. Direct viewing on my monitor does not display the issue, and recorded video plays back fine as well(but oddly the same recorded video that plays fine directly shows the issue if I play it remotely)

Have a search through this forum - look for discussions on "ground loops".

Try powering the problem camera from a separate power supply (wall-wart). Make sure (this is the important bit) that the wall-wart is not grounded, in that it only has two power pins, and not a third grounding/earth pin.