Sign in to follow this  
David Reed

Vivtek NR8201 wont detect Axis Camera

Hi.

I have a Vivotek NR8201 NVR and several Vivotek cameras which it automatically detected when they were connected.

I have recently aquired a cheap 2nd hand AXIS 223M which I was hoping to use, but the Vivotek NR8201 wont detect the AXIS camera when I select the Detect Devices option? Any pointers ?

Thanks

David.

spoke to Vivotek and NO, the Vivotek NR8201 doesn't support any cameras other than their own. I have to say they should make that a little more clear on their product, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

I should also mention that Vivotek customer services have been excellent, as they have responded next day on 4 queries I have sent them.

Does anyone know what an AXIS 223M is worth, or how much it was when new? Guess I'll be trying to sell it and buy another Vivotek lol.

Does anyone know what an AXIS 223M is worth, or how much it was when new? Guess I'll be trying to sell it and buy another Vivotek lol.

One sold on ebay recently for $990, new with power supply, stand, and 1 year warranty. Seems a bit pricey to me, but I don't play in these waters.