Sign in to follow this  
mjharless

Need help upgrading system

I am preparing to upgrade a 16 camera analog system and would like to go to a hybrid system. We would like to keep our current cameras, but add more over time 4-8. Is there a card that will connect to our 16 analog cameras and also allow us to connect 4-8(or more) ip cameras?

Cost is a major consideration. I have to get the card, a pc to put it in, and 4 ip cameras for under $2000.

Thank you in advance. This forum has been very helpful already.

for storing (recording) ip cameras you will not neeed any capture card, since video is already "captured" and you will only save inconming stream via network to hard disk. But you will need CCTV software.

Right now we are using a very poor q-see card. That is why I need a new card. However, after reading through many threads here I think I might go with a standalone instead.

Right now we are using a very poor q-see card. That is why I need a new card. However, after reading through many threads here I think I might go with a standalone instead.

you will need Hybrid DVR if you wish to use analog and digital (megapixel) cameras in same time

The dahua dvr1604hf-u-e (or something like that, the model number is confusing on their website) says it will do 16 analog cameras(which we have) and 16 digital cameras. It is less than 1K it seems and would work budget wise. I was just wondering if anyone here had used them.

I have some experience with the cheap chinese no name/changing name dvrs and the ones I used were quite poor overall.(nightowl etc.) I have read on this forum that the dahua are good, but remote viewing is a must and that is where the cheap ones failed the most.