Sign in to follow this  
tghd

Digifort and Milestone Where to Buy

I really want to set up an IP surveillance system at where I work versus a analog one, but I have a question on where to buy the software (and thus, finding the price).

I am starting out with 6-7 cameras with a max less than 16. Most likely I will add one or two here or there and reach somewhere around 11 but I want to keep my options open up to 16.

I am interested in using Dahua cameras, and I will probably only max at 2 MP due to cost restraints. At least half of my initial 6-7 camera set up will probably be 1.3 MP (if I can find them easy to get that is).

With these in mind, it looks like Digifort Essentials and Milestone's Xprotect Essential are good choices (if I am wrong on this, please let me know). I want something reliable that supports the cameras but, hopefully, is not too expensive. I will probably install it on a Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3.1 Quad PC with an enterprise hard drive.

I checked Optiview for digifort but their website says they sell to resellers and installers (I am an end user) and I have only been able to find one other site that had it and it was European (my location is in Tennessee, USA).

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Am I correct in thinking they are around $50 a camera in price?

I use Digifort with 14, 2mp Dahua cameras (and some others) and love it. Very rich application and very stable.