Sign in to follow this  
PureEnergi

Looking for advice on Video Management Application

I am looking for advice on purchasing a video management application for a standalone DVR, or perhaps a newer dvr with software included.

The system currently runs a version of digi-net which seems to have gone out of business. The system runs about 7 BNC cameras. It uses a pci capture card.

im wondering if it would be more cost effective to replace the actual server; (as it is dated windows xp era) with something newer with a software package that comes with the system or just to be looking to buy a software package to throw on this older box. In either case it needs to be somewhat entry level to manipulate. I have been the only one to figure out the software for this small business i am working with, i am quite new to the scene. I do however have above average understanding and technical knowledge of both pc and electronic hardware. I have been a pc tech for 15 years. Also the software would have to support an xml data feed over serial and remote view. I have looked pretty hard at software such as Blue iris, Geovision systems etc but nothing has really jumped out at me.

I currently just went through a horror show with a DIGIOP system. the learning curve was akin to interplanetary travel which i think was entirely due to the software i had to use. First time playing with CCTV and i got to hang two 1500$ hi-rez ptz analog to digital ip cams and 5 small ip domes. fun stuff lol.

thanks in advance for any advice.