Sign in to follow this  
nicksti

Geovision cameras and Luxriot

I emailed Luxriot but was wondering if someone had a quick answer.

Does Luxriot support the following Geovision cameras:

GV-MFD130

GV-BL130D

I was not sure because that link said MFD110.

The BL is not there so I will have to check out the BX or just go back with ACTi cameras.

Do Dahua cameras work? I do not see them on the list for support. Any camera you reccomend in that price range?

You're right, my mistake - it's the MFD-110, not the MFD-130.

I would wait to see what Geovision says. Since I do not use Luxriot, I cannot recommend any camera. Sorry (I suppose my response has been completely useless to you now )

Dahua can be used in some generic mode via ONVIF or RTSP with some software, not sure if Luxriot is one of them. I can give you remote access so you can try it with Dahua from your Luxriot software. I would have to set the camera to it's lowest resolution so I don't bog down my network.

I would use Dahua myself, not sure if I would put my reputation on the line with a customer. What if a camera breaks, what's the warranty turnaround to get it too China and back, who pays that postage? Do the local US resellers do that for you or are you on your own? Not saying they aren't great cameras at a great price, but are you ready to stock replacements? I know with Axis or ACTi, I can send a camera in for repairs, get it back in a week and never had an issue with them. Don't know Geovision, something to ask your distributor. Some brands like Vivotek can take 6 weeks from what I've heard on this forum.

Imagine sending something to China, if you use DHL and they DHL it back, that's 3 days each way plus their time to turn it around, you probably spent close to what the camera is worth in shipping.

I got the answer from Luxriot. No. Apparently that is their biggest competitor so they do not support the cameras.