Sign in to follow this  
jimmyysk

DVR card cannot support new type of motherboard

I having an DVR pci card issue (NETSAFE DVR/KIT 1016). The DVR card not compatible with the new type of motherboard which is using built-in HD display adapter. When run in live view on 16 channel the camera connect to the channel are blue in color. When go into setup and select any channel there is display. Playback the recording got no issue. When come out from the setup, back into live view the channel just view in setup got display but cannot view in full screen. Any CCTV expert here had come across this kind of issue. Please advise.

523051817_TV-OUTcard.thumb.jpg.d1fcbeaddf6a17ea5c89dd1aa85d0ba0.jpg

This card is over 10 years old so its inevitable to be incompatible with new VGA systems. Now in my experience in order to make this card work you need an x300 to x1500 ati card. You must not install ati catalyst or it might not work.

The problem with this card is that is using an old overlay video display mode that transfers the video directly to vga through pci bus.

Thanks for the reply. Had tried out using PCIEX 16 display card but not working. May I know what type of display card is x300 to x1500 that you mention?

What is overlay video display and this also mention by my supplier?

Thanks for the replied. The ATI display card that you mention is obsolete in the market. So, the other that we can purchase in the market do you think can work with this DVR card?

I had read through the article that refer to the overlay display mode but still not quite understanding as too technical for me.

We got 1 unit S3 Chrome Graphics 435 ULP display card and it work well for DVR card NETSAFE DVR/KIT 2116 with the same new motherboard. So I tried on the DVR card 1016 but still in same issue like I mention before. So please advise if you got any good idea for me. Thanks

if the dvr card can't compatible with motherboard, please check which DVR card compatible then choise the compatible DVR card.

Did try with dvr card 2116 with ASUS EN7200GS and working prfectly. But when I try on dvr card 1016 there is no display and the channel which is connect to it cannot be detected.

You need the card that i told you before. It's irrelevant to tell me what newer card do. It wont help you.

If you have an agp system you can use all ati cards until 98xx series and nvidia cards geforce 2 mx and SIS onboard cards 63x

I have no choice other than keep on trying for all the display card that I have and in the market. We are DVR distributor cannot say buy from the ebay for one DVR cause we got so many DVR using this DVR card so may need those display card that still can find in the market.

The DVR 2116 that I have tested find with ASUS EN7200GS display card cause hang issue now and couldn't find the reason.

AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1

Native support for up to 3 simultaneous displays

Up to 4 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport

Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays

Display grouping

Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display

Is this the display video overlays that you said that can work with the DVR card I mention?

I do not think so.

Btw can you tell what version of dvr site are you using ?

We having the same issue on another DVR card model NETSAFE 1016 but the manufacturer help to modify some DVR program file or driver than it seem like working but this NETSAFE 2116 still pending display issue.

I don't get what you mean what version of DVR site I'm using?