Sign in to follow this  
larrymilla

Aver NXU8000 & China 2.0MP IP Camera

Hi Folks,

Pls I need help!

I recently ordered some mini dome IP Cameras from one of my faithful suppliers of CCTV Cameras from Shenzhen in China. I plan to use them with Aver (Avermedia) NXU8000 NVR Software.

I have used the same NVR software before, to connect IP Cameras from the same supplier - Surway Technologies, then, the ip cameras were 1.3MP; I connected via RTSP from inside the Aver NVR & it worked fine.

Now, I was told the new ip cameras support both RTSP & Onvif, when I told them I can't get RTSP to connect the Cameras after much efforts, they said I should use Onvif.

I have used every trick I think I know, but these cams are not working via the Aver NVR software. I can only view them via IE. I checked the Cameras config, the RTSP is checked & it port numbered 554 as expected. Besides IE, I can only view these cams via their supplied CMS software which uses up 100% of my CPU & make the pc drag after about 4mins of launch.

Can anyone here help me, I'm ready to use either the RTSP or ONVIF if I can get a way to work round them.

Thanks

Which channel number is the stream you want to connect to on the new camera?

I had a similar problem trying to connect a Chinese 2MP camera onto a system using an NV5000.

The problem I encountered was that I needed to connect to stream 0 for the 2mp feed, but could only get the low res feed on channel 1. The only option in the drop-down box when setting up the camera on the Aver software was channel 1 and it used that regardless of what I put in as the stream URL.

I mailed Aver and they said 'we know about it, other people have the same problem, there isn't a fix for it, use another camera from our approved list"

Rather than resign myself to spending twice as much on cameras I had a poke about in the configuration files and found a fix.

My camera used RTSP_TCP so I opened the TCP.ini file in DVR_Server\IPCamSDK\RTSP_TCP and changed the 1 to a 0 for 'ChannelNum' in the 'CHANNEL' section. (Make a bakup of the file first if you try it)

This resolved my problem, but be warned that it would change the setting for all the cameras using the RTSP_TCP connection.

It still shows 1 in the drop-down box, but actually uses 0.

Maybe that will help you too? I mailed Aver to let them know it may help those other people, but didn't get a response.