Integraoligist

How do I connect the Client through internet to Server?

Hi all,

I have a set of 5 IP cameras running on a server at my shop, I am using the AXXON software to run it. When I install the Axxon Client software on my laptop on connect wirelessly while in the shop, it automatically sees the server and connects.

However, when I bring my laptop home it does not connect (obviously). Instead of the servers name (which is what it looks at while on the network) I can input an IP address instead.

So I input the IP of the WAN the server is on (found via IPChicken.com) and try to connect... it does not.

The router the server is connected to is a Trendnet TEW-652BRP if that makes a difference.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a set of 5 IP cameras running on a server at my shop, I am using the AXXON software to run it. When I install the Axxon Client software on my laptop on connect wirelessly while in the shop, it automatically sees the server and connects.

However, when I bring my laptop home it does not connect (obviously). Instead of the servers name (which is what it looks at while on the network) I can input an IP address instead.

So I input the IP of the WAN the server is on (found via IPChicken.com) and try to connect... it does not.

The router the server is connected to is a Trendnet TEW-652BRP if that makes a difference.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

You need to find out what ports your AXXON software uses and forward those ports to the servers LAN IP this is done within your Trendnet router and will also need to be done in any other equipment between your server and the cloud. Depending on the software you will also need to make sure that the web service is active. Check out this link for the port forwarding.