wadestar

Keypad to arm/disarm Motion Sensors

Hello all...I am in the process of finalizing a nice little CCTV security system. I have 6 cameras and in addition to that, I have installed 3 motion sensors that plug into my Alarm Inputs in my DVR. Question...I can disarm the Alarm in my DVR menu, but I was wondering if there is a Keypad, similar to a Security Keypad, that I could wire in that I could disarm the sensors instead of having to go to my DVR each time?

Now we are talking! Thank you Hardwired! This is what I was looking for. I have a question, though. I was hoping for a keypad that has a screen. Similar to keypads for alarm systems. Would a regular alarm system keypad work, or are they usually limited to having just one output?

The alarm keypads with screens are designed to operate with matching control panels, which may be overkill (or maybe not, if you want a full alarm system).

An example of this would be something like the Ademco panels/keypad combinations, http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/products/kit/bu/ad/76683.html, along with a relay output module, like http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/products/expacc/ex/ad/21321.html.

If you also want an alarm system, this could be the way to go, but it will add quite a bit in cost and complexity.

Hardwired...this is spot on. Exactly what I was looking for. I am going to go with this option as although it may be overkill...it gives me some options to add on gadgets down the road. I really, really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and to send me these links. You are a gem!