Hello, does anyone know if it's possible to use PSS to record to a PC? I have a couple of Q-See (dahua) mini bullets and am trying to setup them to record to my PC using the PSS software that came with these cameras, but not having much luck and documentation is sparse.

If it's not possible then I guess I'll just use the FTP option with the web interface on each camera, but was hoping to centralize management by using PSS.

Thanks!

Absolutely. I am using it now. Was using BlueIris (Way better IMO) but not ready to buy a license just yet.

This is the link I used: http://www.bahamassecurity.com/articles/dahua-offsite-recording.asp#6

Thanks for the response, did you have to setup your PC as a device within PSS? I've got the cameras configured and can see the picture. I setup the local/motion recording settings using the link you'd referenced, but nothing is getting recorded. When I go to playback it just say "No record" when I try to search.

I tried real hard to get it to record and it never did. If someone can put a tutorial or how to guide on what's needed that would be great.

I am doing full time recording as the motion was way too sensitive, and I have tons of space to spare. So if you are doing motion, not sure I can help you.

I am doing full time recording as the motion was way too sensitive, and I have tons of space to spare. So if you are doing motion, not sure I can help you.

Yeah, I'm trying to do motion recording. I've found out that it's actually recording and creating a .dav file in the recording directory when motion is detected, but for some reason, once the motion timing threshold expires and the recording stops for some reason the file gets deleted.

The other issue is that it seems to only detect motion when something is within 5 feet or so of the camera. Beyond that no alarm triggers. That might be more to do with the camera than the software though.

I'll keep playing with it, but may just setup full time recording and see what happens. Have plenty of space as well

Yeah, I'm trying to do motion recording. I've found out that it's actually recording and creating a .dav file in the recording directory when motion is detected, but for some reason, once the motion timing threshold expires and the recording stops for some reason the file gets deleted.

The other issue is that it seems to only detect motion when something is within 5 feet or so of the camera. Beyond that no alarm triggers. That might be more to do with the camera than the software though.

I'll keep playing with it, but may just setup full time recording and see what happens. Have plenty of space as well

Ok, I think I found the issue. First off I setup motion detection on the Q-See cam per the manual that came with the camera. Then I followed the motion detection setup within PSS per the link that NotSoSimple provided - http://www.bahamassecurity.com/articles/dahua-offsite-recording.asp#7

That's where I ran into the issue described in my previous post. After playing around with the settings I came across this setting - "Device Free Minimum Capacity" in the Config|Option menu. It was set to 2,000MB. Well, I'm testing this software out on a virtual machine before I plan to install in on my PC and it only has 800MB free. So the software was working as designed in that I didn't have 2,000MB free so it would not save the recordings. Once I lowered the threshold below 800MB it started saving the files.

Needless to say I won't have this issue on my PC as I'll have several terabytes to play with!

Thanks all for helping me figure this one out.

Also, in the Q-See camera settings (web interface) there is an adjustment for the sensitivity of motion detection.

I had continuous recording setup on my ACTi NVR software and with 6 cameras, mostly 1.3MP except one 2MP and mostly low frame rates, from 8-15, I was able to get 3 days of recordings on 2 1TB drives. So you think you have plenty of space, but it goes quickly.

I had continuous recording setup on my ACTi NVR software and with 6 cameras, mostly 1.3MP except one 2MP and mostly low frame rates, from 8-15, I was able to get 3 days of recordings on 2 1TB drives. So you think you have plenty of space, but it goes quickly.

I've been running AXXON for almost a month now on my system. It overrides the settings in the camera itself so you set everything up right in AXXON. The motion detection and config of cam's work great. I've had it setup for exactly 24 days, and I have all 24 days recorded (via motion) on a 900gb drive. Not sure how much I have left or when it's going to start recording over itself though.

Only have a couple issues with AXXON, it's slow and a bit laggy when looking at it live and recorded. It's irritating. Plus they do not have an app for Android.... PLUS PLUS in order to view it from another PC outside the network with the Client software you need to setup a VPN. And OMG that is extremely slow, i'm talking, start AXXON, come back in 10 minutes and hope you have a visual at least 1 cam. Not even moving, just at least a screen shot.

Axxon is a CPU pig and I would imagine once you reach 100% CPU, something has to give, so check your recordings to make sure you are getting what you think.

My Rebadged Dahua also has sensitivity adjustment for motion but I couldnt get it to a 'usable' level in my opinion. Glad you got it figured out.