Zark

Know anything about Winnov?

I work in a medical facility that records brainwave and sleep study tests using special software developed in Australia. The software company specifies using Winnov digital video capture cards.

All I can say is when we tried using the Winnov Videuum 1000AV card with B&W it blurred the image. (Image was perfect until it ran into the card.)

Now we are adding more computers and I need to buy more of these cards, now updated to Winnow 1000 PLUS AV. I called the company today and asked if the new cards were any better at recording EIA B&W than the old cards. The tech support guy was not aware there were any past problems with the old cards when recording B&W. This is in spite of the fact that their website lists a known problem of the old cards recording B&W with some cameras.

What I had to do to get good video with the old cards was to switch from EIA B&W to color NTSC and that recorded fine. I still have the B&W equipment and want to use it with these new cards but am concerned that I might be in the same situation as before.

Has anyone used the Winnov 1000 + AV cards with B&W cameras? What do you think of Winnov? I suppose I don't have much of a choice in the matter.

thanks

Whether it's Winnov or others, Digital encoding assumes video signals are in color. B & W image in analog recording gives better resolution, but it can be quite opposite in digital process, unless software was built with B & W feature.