lasher66

Ports opening and closing

Hi,

I have a q-see qs408 dvr. It requires port 80,100,9000 open. I set it up in my router to do so and I can remote log in only sometimes. WHen I use canyouseeme.org to check ports open, sometimes it shows them open, and sometimes closed. Can someone please help why it keeps doing this. Been working on this for 2 days now and starting to get frustrated. Thanks

Jason

Hello Jason,

We use portforward.com to help configure the dvr's. I always use the ports for Geovision Webcam regardless of the DVR model as much as I can. This is a great tool..

George Boyle

Dallas Wholesale CCTV

Hi,

I have a q-see qs408 dvr. It requires port 80,100,9000 open. I set it up in my router to do so and I can remote log in only sometimes. WHen I use canyouseeme.org to check ports open, sometimes it shows them open, and sometimes closed. Can someone please help why it keeps doing this. Been working on this for 2 days now and starting to get frustrated. Thanks

Jason

I've seen DSL modems/routers with an on demand feature. After a period of inactivity the DSL modem will disconnect from the Internet then reconnect when it detects activity from a device on the local network. If you have a DSL modem with this feature it's easy to turn off - it's just a checkbox to uncheck. So, my suggestion is to look at the properties of the modem and see if this feature exists. I've seen it on many Westell DSL modems, but it could be on others.

What type of internet service are you on? I've noticed some ISPs will switch your IP address among one of several. This happens typically on smaller ISPs (such as line-of-site wireless or satellite providers). They do this because they are using traditional cable or dsl service and have multiple accounts. They use switching hardware (called a load balancer) to switch the end users to whichever internet connection responds the quickest at the moment. It works great for outgoing connections. But barely at all for incoming connections. Try a couple of different ip reporting sites. If you occasionally get different ip addresses, you'll know this is the problem.