Sign in to follow this  
ccatalin

Cannot format HDD from dvr interface.

Hello,

While trying to reset my dvr , i had but the battery in wrong position and after some while it exploded inside. I had replaced it with a new one.

The dvr seems to working fine but the HDD is not recognized and the pop-up format option will apear everytime. After I press OK ..in few seconds the message " HDD formatting complete" appear and the image stay that way for a long time....and nothing happens. After powering off the dvr when I boot up , the same error " HDD INVALID format please FORTMAT" and the story goes on ...

I tyed to use the last HDD that was allready formatted and the dvr is working fine , recording . I tried to format the hdd but ....same problem .

I had check the 1Tb HDD , that was in the DVR when battery exploded and in windows is working fine.

IS there any program that can format a HDD in windows for DVR without using the build in program?

Any other suggestion are appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

While trying to reset my dvr , i had but the battery in wrong position and after some while it exploded inside. I had replaced it with a new one.

The dvr seems to working fine but the HDD is not recognized and the pop-up format option will apear everytime. After I press OK ..in few seconds the message " HDD formatting complete" appear and the image stay that way for a long time....and nothing happens. After powering off the dvr when I boot up , the same error " HDD INVALID format please FORTMAT" and the story goes on ...

I tyed to use the last HDD that was allready formatted and the dvr is working fine , recording . I tried to format the hdd but ....same problem .

I had check the 1Tb HDD , that was in the DVR when battery exploded and in windows is working fine.

IS there any program that can format a HDD in windows for DVR without using the build in program?

Any other suggestion are appreciated.

Thank you

Maybe your DVR is hosed after it exploded. If it formats fine with the computer, that means the HD is working fine. Might need to replace the DVR with another one.

well it seems that the HDD is faulty. Somehow when battery exploded there was a physical shock to the HDD and now when entering in windows ...after format and restart I am asked to format again so ....I had sent it in warranty.

do a low level format. 50% chance your hdd will live on if it's saying it completed a hi lvl format then asking you to format again. that way you can have the partition ignore those couple bad sectors