Razer_SE

Can someone recommend a inexpensive outdoor dome? *Not Dahua

I need an inexpensive outdoor dome camera that will work with Exacq. I have been using a lot of ACTi cameras but cannot seem to find an outdoor dome that is cheap enough for my simple needs. I'd like to find one in the $300-$400 range but they almost all are at $600 or so.

This needs to be an outdoor dome, but the camera itself will be in an area that is lit and covered, and my distance of the shot is literally going to be under 10-12 feet so 1mp is more than enough really. This is a camera in a small vestibule area for something like an ATM. No IR is needed, but it will need a night mode of some type.

Any suggestions? Cannot be Dahua as it will not work with my DVR. I'll need 20-30 of these total roughly, so it's why I'm trying to keep costs down. I know some newer cameras are coming, but I've seen no details and cannot seem to find something in my range. Thanks for any suggestions all, I appreciate it.

See if OpenEye works with your NVR. They have the CM-710, 1080P dome. Their IR domes are the worst, but the CM-710 is quite good and under $300, comparable to the Dahua 1080P dome.

Geovision has a low end dome, but going to be slightly over $300, but may be the cheapest with a name brand. The GV-MDR120 or GV-MDR220. Don't know the quality as I've never used one.

Thanks, I'll take a look at OpenEye as I see at least one of their cameras is supported via onvif.

My main supported brands appear to be:

ACTi

American Dynamics

Arecont Vision

Axis

Basler

Canon

Ganz

HikVision

illustra

Inaxsys

IOimage

IPX

IQeye

ONVIF

Panasonic

Pelco

Riva

Sanyo

Sony

Stardot

UDP

Vivotek

I have used Vivotek and Acti extensively and would love to stick with ACTi as I'm using the 5611, 5211e, and a ton of the 1111 bullets too. I have 26 of the 1111 cameras sitting in my configuration area now actually. It would just make it easier to only use one IP camera utility and such and I already know the firmware and such well.

I've thought of just using an indoor dome though it is outdoor but hate to take the risk. It's covered well and will not have any chance of water, but it will freeze in the winter and bake in the summer. I may figure out how to just use a 1111 bullet there, but I would sure prefer a bullet. I need a dome version of the 1111 really.

Going down the list one by one for now, I found a Brickcom MD-100AE that seems to be priced right and should work with my DVR. I know nothing about them though. Still looking.

not sure on your time constraints but ACti is going to release some decent new domes.... not sure on pricing yet... but they say coming soon. i'm thinking i may hold out for these... specs look decent.

I have seen and heard more are coming, but there has been no info at all that I've seen personally yet. I gave up and ordered 4 of the Vivotek FD8134V cameras for now and that will get me through this year I think. That should give me time to see what exactly ACTi is bringing out.

You might want to think about mounting 30 $400 indoor domes outdoors with their potential unwarrantied failures and shorter lifespan and compare it to either getting more expensive outdoor domes that'll work there or cheaper outdoor domes and an NVR that supports them. Seems to me that there should be a bit of wiggle room in the budget on the NVR or cams if you're thinking of making 12 grand worth of indoor stuff work outdoors.

Oh, I should have mentioned the next couple are fully indoors so the Vivotek will be fine. I just prefer to keep all my domes the same usually and use outdoor domes even indoor for many of my facilities.

Dahua can bee seen by my NVR, but it will only record all the time, or none of the time. I only use motion, and there is no working motion settings that will work. I have a single Dahua camera here for testing purposes. I keep hoping for a firmware upgrade that could fix that as the form factor and overal performance would be great for some places for me. No joy yet though.