chief_lam

Home Driveway Camera

So I recently installed a new dome camera and then someone broke into my fiances car the other night. The suspect was driving that car and its not really a great shot. The camera is having some digital noise issues and is not really clear at night. I currently have the CMD3270DW Dome camera from LT Security. It appears to have some digital noise issue and I sent tihs picture to a LT tech support, they asked if I was using a 12 volt line and I said yes. They told me to switch it to 24AC and it should solve the problem. What do you guys think? Maybe try a different camera?

Here are the specs.

•700 TV lines resolution

•1/3" Pixim "Seawolf" sensor

•2.8~12mm varifocal lens

•17 pcs IR LEDs

•Wide Dynamic Range(120dB WDR)

•Advance 3D noise reduction (3DNR)

•Auto Tracking White balance (ATW )

•Built-in OSD

•ICR (IR CUT)

•DC 12V & AC24V input

•IP 66

•Vandal proof

205399_1.jpg

^Screenshot of suspect

205399_2.jpg

^Actual shot of monitor

That looks more like reflections on the dome or lens.

IR cameras suck when they turn to BW. The IR has limited range and true forensic detail cannot be achieved unless they happen to be walking 4 ft away from the camera. Widening the field of view as you have lessens detail.

Edited by Guest

Right, the dome is a little dirty. However you can see the big horizontal noise on the bottom and top.

Right, the dome is a little dirty. However you can see the big horizontal noise on the bottom and top.

Any electrical sources near the camera's cable? Parallel A/C cable? To troubleshoot, the cheap choice is 24 volt power .

Any electrical sources near the camera's cable? Parallel A/C cable? To troubleshoot, the cheap choice is 24 volt power .

There's an exterior light by the camera, but when the lights off the noise is still there. I'll try the 24volt perhaps then, but I'm still not really impress with the night quality though.

It does look like you have a dirty dome (as said above) and the IR is reflecting off that, softening the image.

Oh...and some other noise!

BG

Try one of these.

205549_1.jpg

Radioshack about $10

Also, is her driveway light flourescent? These are 12 volt power's nightmare.

What's that called? And the lights are just regular bulbs.