LLigetfa

IT guy with many hats

Hi from NorthWestern Ontario. Since IP cams and NVRs need a network to run over, I somehow got roped into this. My forte is networks and servers.

My first involvement was when I was brought into an IP cam/NVR deployment at the 11th hour. It was a bunch of Sony cams, some fixed, some PTZ, recording to ONSSI NetGuard EVS.

Recently, I deployed a small Milestone XProtect GO NVR with mix of 8 Ubiquiti airCams, BUllet, Dome, and Mini. I plan to grow it with more cams.

Now there is talk of resurrecting our long abandoned analog Panasonic PTZ cams. They are outdoor mounts with wipers. I am out of my comfort zone there.

Hi from NorthWestern Ontario. Since IP cams and NVRs need a network to run over, I somehow got roped into this. My forte is networks and servers.

My first involvement was when I was brought into an IP cam/NVR deployment at the 11th hour. It was a bunch of Sony cams, some fixed, some PTZ, recording to ONSSI NetGuard EVS.

Recently, I deployed a small Milestone XProtect GO NVR with mix of 8 Ubiquiti airCams, BUllet, Dome, and Mini. I plan to grow it with more cams.

Now there is talk of resurrecting our long abandoned analog Panasonic PTZ cams. They are outdoor mounts with wipers. I am out of my comfort zone there.

Hope you never have to eat one of those hats

I recommend Tilley hats. Very durable.

Blooming elephants will eat ANYTHING, in my younger days I was travelling around with a Circus. I was outside the ring behind the curtain talking to a foot juggler who put down her ballet pumps for a second only to see them disappearing down the throat of a huge bull elephant called Rajah who was huge. The following Saturday we were eating lunch in that lady's trailer when a knock on the door interrupted our meal. It was the elephant keeper with two sticks with sh*TE on them, on closer inspection, this was the foot juggler's ballet pumps which had traveled through the elephant's digestive system and been ejected the other end.

UPDATE she washed them out and they were good as new, but somehow she didn't fancy wearing them again. But what a dinnerparty story eh?

Now see how easily we can get off topic...

Sorry, LLigetfa, didn't mean to hijack your thread...