AnotherDumbAss

WAN - Remote access issue

Hi guys

I've combed through the forum and tried alot of the suggestions but haven't been successfully yet. Hope you can assist.

I've setup the cctv with my home LAN setup. There is 1 PC connected via Ethernet and 2 others connected wirelessly. And I have a TPLink TL-WR1043ND router.

I've setup the port forward to IP address 192.168.1.33 w port 7575 and it seems to work. when I go to '192.168.1.33:7575' I am able to login and see the cctv feed. Woohoo!

I got someone from a different location to go to my external IP w Port 7575 - '220.###.#####:7575' but it doesn't work...IE just keeps loading. When I try it on my phone via a 3G connection I get 'gateway timeout'.

I use a port checking tool and search my external IP Address w Port 7575 and it always says port closed. Even when I try to change the port number for the whole setup.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to enable port trigger too? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any response, its doing my head in.

Issue resolved.

After days of searching and changing I found out that it was the setup from my DVR. For gate way I put '001.010' where as it's meant to be '001.001'

Fail!