mrbigglesworth

Does this exist?

Hey fellas,

Hope I'm in the right place. Looking for a hidden camera and unable to find anything even close to what I'm after...

- What I would like to do is go through the garage siding or eaves, with a pinhole type camera viewing the front of the house at perhaps 25 feet or so. Night vision would be great, not sure if that's possible?

- I live in a cold area - up to -40 on occasion in the winter, though -20 to -30 is more the norm and the camera would be fairly insulated in the garage attic, but I'm assuming an Outdoor model would be needed.

- Motion detection a must.

- Stills would probably be preferable to video, and the unit would not require checking very often. (We have had some periodic vandalism.)

- Would strongly prefer an SD card as opposed to wiring to a DVR.

- Would strongly prefer an adaptor to batteries.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not having any luck whatsoever on my own.

It is not a pinhole, but it would certainly be discreet. If you got Mobotix S14 with both a day and night sensor, it would fit all of the other needs easily.

196583_1.jpg

All the would be exposed is the lens face, and you would also have the ability to record or trigger events based on audio too (the microphone is amazingly sensitive!).

205719_1.jpg

Nice cam Groucho. It even does non-PoE power and has SD card storage so it could be mounted just about anywhere there is space and a bit of power.

This version is even sweeter for disguising. Both are good down to about 1.0 lux. Shame the pinhole version isn't IP66 rated like the -E version is.