andrewluke

hikvision dvr

I dont know the conversion rate, 300$ us? I like using the ipad/iphone app that one is compatible with. You might be able to do better for that much money, considering that one doesnt even have a hdd, so by the time you get it shipped and get a hdd in it you are looking at another $100. The best deals I've found have always been on used stuff. The problem is most people selling that stuff have no idea how to use it, so they are unable to test it. I was satisfied with the hikvision dvr I had, but it looked nothing like that, so who knows if it was even made by the same manufacturer.

DS-7208HFI-ST is currently the highest model on Hikvision 72xx series (entry level). It is a great DVR, hardware and software speaking, it is a very good choice.

That being said, the seller is "cheating", since they list the DVR on sale as DS-7208HFI-ST, and it is not. The item pictured is actually DS-7208HFI-ST/SN, which has a few differences with DS-7208HFI-ST, and the specs listed belong also to DS-7208HFI-ST/SN, so that must be the model they are selling, even they advertise it as DS-7208HFI-ST:

DS-7208HFI-ST

- Can be rack mounted (45mm(H)×445mm(W)×290mm(D) )

- 4 audio inputs

- 2 SATA interfaces (up to 2 hard drives)

- RS232 interface

- Spot output (it has 2 analog video outputs)

- 8 alarm inputs, 4 alarm outputs

DS-7208HFI-ST/SN

- Smaller case. Can not be installed on a rack. (315 (W)× 230(D) × 45 (H)mm)

- 1 audio inputs

- 1 SATA interface (you can only have 1 hard drive)

- No RS232 interface

- No spot output (only main analog video output)

- 4 alarm inputs, 1 alarm output

That said, if the differences are fine with you (you are ok with 1ch audio, you are ok with 4 alarm inputs, etc) 7208HFI-ST/SN is also a very good machine.