LuckyLuke1

HDMI or VGA output to BNC - Is it possible ?

Hi everyone - I wonder if someone will be able to help.

I have just replaced an antiquated DVR with a Swann Blue 8 Channel.

On my old system, it had a BNC output AND a VGA output. The vga was used for the local monitor and the BNC went up to the roof, through a modulator then into our distribution amp so the CCTV could be seen on all televisions around the house.

On the new system, there is only a HDMI and a VGA output.

The local monitor can take either of these so that's not a problem, but can someone please tell me what I have to do to connect the existing BNC ended wire that goes to the roof/distribution box ?

I really do not want to replace the BNC cable as it really is a pain to do - so ideally I think I need a little contraption that will change either the HDMI or VGA output on the Swann to a BNC connection.... any ideas ?

Thank you in advance - this really has me stumped !!

Luke

Don't know if this will help but, you could get a VGA to Video convertor box, then change the bnc connector to an RCA connector and use that. I'm assuming you are looking to transmit straight video to a monitor.

Luck

Luke,

You can easily find VGA to BNC adapters, and it will even split the signal (it will output at the same time on VGA and BNC output). I have previously used the following:

206315_1.jpg

http://www.securame.com/convertidor-video-vga-rca-bnc-svideo-tv502a-vga-to-video-p-473.html

You will connect your DVR VGA output the the adapter; and from there the monitor on the VGA out, and on the video output (RCA) you can use a RCA to BNC adapter, and from there you will not need to change anything on your existing modulator setup.