Sign in to follow this  
VPSrider

AXIS P3367

Does anyone know if the camera image can be brought back level to the ground once you rotate the camera to one side in the dome. When I rotate the camera it creates an image not level to the ground. I can't seem to find any info about this.

Thanks

It's a 3-axis camera, you can rotate the image to any orientation you want, albeit there's a point where it won't rotate anymore so you have to rotate it back the other way. If you can't figure it out, let me know, I was just about to pack one for shipping today.

Thanks for the reply buellwinkle.

I'll try to explain this a little better. When I wall mount the camera and rotate the camera to the left say 45 degrees inside the housing the image isn't level to the ground any longer. The image shows higher on the left than the right (looking at the image produced). I did this to move the field of view to the left of where the camera is mounted.

If I could rotate just the lens & sensor part of the camera clockwise after rotating the part that swivels counter-clockwise I could bring the image back to level (this is looking at the camera). It doesn't seem to have that option and the software only allows 90, 180, 270 rotations. This doesn't help me at only 45 degrees.

Does this sound like I'm out of luck for having an image level with the ground?

Thanks

p.s. I always check you site for new reviews. Keep up the good work.

I know what you are talking about, I get it, you need to rotate the lens without moving it side to side, trust me, it rotates. Let me go take a picture of it now and I'll post it.

Turn the thumbscrew pointed by the green arrow counter-clockwise to losen it. Then grab the lens assembly and rotate/spin it to get the desired results without panning it left/right or up/down. If it doesn't rotate in one direction it's because it's reached it's limits, so rotate the other way until the image is upside down and then set a 180 degree flip on the camera settings.

206292_1.jpg