blowrabbit

using a kalatel mux on a phillips dsr1

i have hooked up a cbr-16cdt to a kalatel dsr2000e 320gig and it works like a charm giving me almost 30 days for 5 cameras on motion at the highest quality setting. it is almost like a dvrme-16ct except for no live streaming audio. my question is would this mux work the same for a phillips dsr1 [comparable to the one channel kalatel] i do know that the phillips manual says they are compatable but i was hoping someone had done it and could share their results?

I've not used the Phillips DSR1 before but I have used a GE/Kalatel/Calibur (same manufacturer) DSR2000 and a Dedicated Micros Sprite Mux together with excellent results. I have heard (only a rumour though) that the Phillips DSR is in fact a Kalatel with different packaging, much like the Vista Columbus DVR in the UK (also made by Kalatel) ?? I shouldn't imagine there would be any problem connecting the two makes together anyway if the manual says it can be done (don't forget the sync cable). Just check in the DSR menu if you are able to select the correct encoding by the manufacturers.

yep, phillips used Kalatel DVRs up until they were bought out by bosch, and why the phillips DVRs also used WaveReader