liveinxs

Dome Cleaning

just checking to see what you guys use to clean your outdoor domes, when the glass,( i know its not glass ), gets dirty..

i have read that the cloth should be one of those micro-fibre type, but the cleaning solution is what i am curious about, i have read nothing that has alcohol in it...

mainly looking for a brand and maybe a link...

thanks

We use a glass cleaner that says it's suitable for plastic/acrylic surfaces (no ammonia). Or you can use Pelco's suggestion and use a cleaner/polish like Pledge that is also rated for acrylic surfaces.

Heck, we use Scott Shop Towels (blue) instead of microfiber cloths and they work just fine. Just don't use stiff towels as they could scratch.

thanks for the reply, you steered me in the right direction, i ended up going to Pelcos site, and found the following:

EXTERIOR SURFACE

Clean the dome’s exterior surface with a nonabrasive cleaning cloth and agent that is safe for acrylic plastic. Either liquid or spray cleaner/wax

suitable for fine furniture is acceptable.

then i went to amazon and found this cleaner, looks to be right on the money:

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Polish-Oz/dp/B000FGLRC4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_13

thanks again

thanks for the reply, you steered me in the right direction, i ended up going to Pelcos site, and found the following:

EXTERIOR SURFACE

Clean the dome’s exterior surface with a nonabrasive cleaning cloth and agent that is safe for acrylic plastic. Either liquid or spray cleaner/wax

suitable for fine furniture is acceptable.

then i went to amazon and found this cleaner, looks to be right on the money:

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Polish-Oz/dp/B000FGLRC4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_13

thanks again

Hi again

ICI do a polycarbonate cleaner that will not scratch the polycarbonate dome and even removes minor scratches.

DON"T use washing up liquid, if you must use something else use plain water and a sponge to remove any debris spiders webs etc and then finish with plain water and a terry style microfiber cloth.

ALSO: Never use fabric conditioner when washing a microfiber cloth

UPDATE Just seen this in a motorcycle shop for cleaning and removing scratches from plastics

set of 3 costs around £20 ($32)