Sign in to follow this  
RIPE

TP-Link L-PoE10R PoE Splitter OR A 2A 12V DC Wall Wart

I need to power 4 IR analog cameras. I want to use a TP-Link L-PoE10R Poe Splitter from my PoE switch. A splitter basically has a CAT5 RJ45 with a male DC plug to plug into the camera. Need an adapter at the camera end to turn it from PoE power(48v variable) to standard 12v DC power.

One idea was a 2A 12V regulated wall wart with a barrel connector and a four way power splitter? Is it a better idea than a TP-Link Splitter?

How do the power/video/audio balun pigtail connect to the camera? Question: What to buy that connects to the BNC and green connector on this IR camera to have the splitter and/or a balun. Thanks!

479091811_Dahuabulletcamera.jpg.d76e053c7ab70da12bb6a6c5296f9fc5.jpg

What power connector to use to connect four IR cameras to a 12V wall wart for camera above. Just connect RJ45 wires for power, data, audio, alarms to the green connector? I think the question was answered and I will revisit a previous post.

I would rather connect four IR cameras to four PoE splitters from the PoE switch to take the power to 12V. Switch is a 802.3at PoE switch with four stardard PoE ports and four ports up to 30W each. Can it be done or is there a better way?

PoE Splitter: http://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-POE10R-L-PoE10R-PoE-Splitter/dp/B003CFATQK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2/191-8815670-6848700

See these posts on the same question: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13983