cwwofford

Speco DVR will no longer control Pelco camera

I have a Speco DVR-16TL connected to a Pelco Spectra IV SE dome camera (part no. DD4CBW18). The video is transmitted over RG59 and control uses 16-2. All the switch settings match the DVR settings. It worked for a long time with no changes. One day I noticed the camera's configure details were on the screen. I found that the camera can no longer be controlled remotely or locally and the configure screen never goes away. I tried changing the camera and backbox with no success. I have not tried changing out the DVR yet (don't have an extra). Any suggestions?

For troubleshooting, you could get a USB-RS422/485 adapter for a laptop or PC, and something like 232Analyzer http://www.commfront.com/RS232_Examples/CCTV/Pelco_D_Pelco_P_Examples_Tutorial.HTM.

By connecting to the camera, you should be able to control it with this setup, if the camera is working properly.

By connecting the adapter to the DVR and running a program such as Hyperterminal or Putty, you should be able to see the data output from the DVR.

There are also some little IR remote control boxes for PTZ control available on Fleabay for about $40 or so, you could use one of them to test controlling the PTZ instead of the DVR, and see if that works.