machiner

bosch ip camera with firmware 5.60 problem

Hello,

Bosch released new firmware 5.60 for ip cameras but did not release new Configuration Manager 4.40. I can't change settings alarm IVA 5.6 with Configuration Manager 4.35. I have also problem with export video from camera (IE9) to Dropbox and FTP. The authorization for Dropobox and FTP is OK but camera does not transfer video.

Does anyone else have this problems ?

Bosch Security Asia have Configuration Manager v4.41 on their site.

- IVA problem persists and menus in the CM is gone. Is Bosch aware of this?

You can configure Bosch IP devices using the WEB-Interface too.

So there is no need for an up-to-date Configuration Manger to configure VCA.

Nevertheless the Configuration Manager for Firmware 5.60 is available now (Version 4.41.0037). It can be downloaded at one of the various Bosch download sites, for instance here: http://products.boschsecurity.us/en/TAMS/products/bxp/CATD491ce97a0ec94cfe72f71eb5c30399d7

Follow the instructions in the Release Letter. For instance be sure to have installed the up-to-date MPEG ActiveX 5.60.0050, Microsoft .NET 3.5, ...

Hope this will help.

I have tested FW 5.60 on multiple cameras / computers. Latest FW is a disaster!

I can not set up IVA (5.6?) from the web interface or configuration manager.

It also appears that Bosch introduced temporal filtering but the function does not work very well ...

Works much better on HIKVISION eg

Is the latest update feature meant to provide a notification if new FW arrives or camera update itself?

Gah, what are Bosch doing? More people having problems?

#The poblem is delay between release firmware 5.60 and release other components Configuration Manager v4.41 and MPEG ActiveX 5.60.0050. I had only firmware without CM and MPEG ActiveX and therefore I had no acess to configuration IVA 5.6.

#There was no information in release note firmware 5.60 about new IVA 5.6. There is still no information about changes in IVA 5.6.

#Still Bosch does not have a central download site with actual new firmware, MPEG ActiveX, Configuration Manager and other programs BVC,BRS, VRM, BVMS (should be all in one place). I'm thinlk they could add functions in new Configuraion Manager (check new firmware available, download and upgrade firmware and CM and MPEG ActiveX).

Thanks for reply.

#The poblem is delay between release firmware 5.60 and release other components Configuration Manager v4.41 and MPEG ActiveX 5.60.0050. I had only firmware without CM and MPEG ActiveX and therefore I had no acess to configuration IVA 5.6.

Yes, this delay was unsatisfactory.

#There was no information in release note firmware 5.60 about new IVA 5.6. There is still no information about changes in IVA 5.6.

There is no separate “IVA Release Letter” for IVA 5.60.

Information about IVA 5.60 can be found in the “CPP Release Letters” of firmware 5.60 (Bosch_Releaseletter_CPP_H.264_FW_5.60.1206.pdf, Bosch_Releaseletter_CPP4_H.264_FW_5.60.0063.pdf)

#Still Bosch does not have a central download site with actual new firmware, MPEG ActiveX, Configuration Manager and other programs BVC,BRS, VRM, BVMS (should be all in one place). I'm thinlk they could add functions in new Configuraion Manager (check new firmware available, download and upgrade firmware and CM and MPEG ActiveX).

==> There are many local download sites. I recommend to use this one: http://de.boschsecurity.com/ (click on “Products ==> Video).

Select the device you are interested in. There are always several tabs for each IP device (camera, encoder, …), for instance: Details, Certificates, Documents, Software Downloads. Choose Tab “Software Downloads”. There you find all the things you asked for in one place, usually the “CPP Firmware” and the “Bosch Video Client” (zipped).

The “Configuration Manager” and MPEGActiveX are included with the “Video Client” ZIP file. The ZIP files include the release letters too. More documents can be found selecting the “Documents” tab.

For instance browse to Dinion HD 1080p HDR: http://de.boschsecurity.com/master_product/02_products_1/st_bu_f_277305_nsode_catalog_prod_de/st_section_f_276651_nsode_catalog_prod_de/st_prodfam_p_276651_nsode_catalog_prod_de_277049

thanks for replies.

Does anyone have experience with Direct-to-iSCSI recording on Qnap NAS with Bosch cameras ??

If someone need this configuration I will send the setup instructions iSCSI on Qnap