Sign in to follow this  
cam2017

Cannot access DVR remotely anymore

Hi, I have a AVTECH AVC760 and I set it up 6 months ago to view remotely through the EagleEyes iPhone app.

This setup has been working perfectly but today all I keep getting is "The IP address is not accessible", I also tried the Video Server E program on my laptop but it just says Login Procedure Failed.

I not changed any settings or changed my DVR/router setup at all and I checked my external IP from whatsmyip.com and it shows the same address I use to connect remotely.

I also logged into my router settings to check that the port forwarding was still enabled and it was. I did notice that in IP filtering the "attached devices" column showed all my devices connected but my DVR was not listed.

When I go to "Local Network Search" using the EagleEyes app it does pick up my DVR but it just doesn't connect still.

The app did get updated on Jan 2nd but I cant remember if I tried it out between then and now.

Anybody know what could be wrong?

Did you try and access it remotely via a web browser on a PC at another location? Also, you can verify if the ports are open using a free port scanner program like nmap. It will scan the IP address for all open ports. I'll assume you did the obvious which turn everything off and back on.

..... I did notice that in IP filtering the "attached devices" column showed all my devices connected but my DVR was not listed.....

Do you mean that your router is not seeing your DVR? If that's the case, that is what I would work on. As Buell suggested, try turning off your router and your DVR. Then turn your router back on and after it fully reboots, restart your DVR.

I think you need to make sure that your router sees the DVR. Otherwise, when another device connects to the router, the router will not know where to send it, so to speak.

I fixed the problem.

I found out that the IP address on my DVR had been changed to my external IP address, at this point I had no idea how it happened as I only have access to the DVR, changing this back results in everything working.

I installed the app on an iPad today and I noticed that if I hit "local network search" it changes the IP on the DVR, I changed it back and everything was fine again.

This way used to work fine before, an app update probably done this.

Thanks for the help.