Sign in to follow this  
RoDDy

Bosch 300 Series Autodome PTZ issue

Hi all,

I have been experiencing trouble getting this camera to work with the system my client has installed.

The client currently has the older type bosch ptzs which are the generation 3 cameras that are addressed manually by using a dial. 1 of their cameras have stopped working and now we are trying to install this newer camera which is generation 4. The issue we are experiencing however is that when we install the camera we can view it but we cannot pan tilt or zoom the camera. To address these cameras we had to use the bosch configurator and this was done separately using my laptop via RS232 connection. After i addressed the camera on my laptop i was not only able to see the camera but i was able to pan tilt and zoom it, but for some reason after I attached the camera to the client system i lost the PTZ functionality. All of the cameras on site are using biphase connection and usually in the past when we replaced a cam with the gen 3s we would jus manually set the address and connect using biphase and then it would automatically work.

I am really at a lost not as to why its not working. How the wiring is done is that we have the analog camera connected to a fiber receiver (optelecom brand) that the fiber runs to a fiber transmitter (optelecom also) and then into the matrix and then to Pelco DVRs. The client is using software being run using the Indusoft platform (im not sure if drivers or something is required here). If anyone has any ideas please share.