Sign in to follow this  
SickNick

DVR choices with reliable software

After having a nightmare experience with Unitek DVRs and the software that connects to them I started looking around for new DVRs. I am currently using two 16 channel Uniteks which tend to be very buggy even when using the DVR directly. Also, the software for them is incredibly slow and buggy and can't get anything done even when set up locally on the LAN, forget remotely.

I am basically looking to set up about 28 channels so I will probably need a 32 channel DVR or get two 16 channel DVRs. I would probably prefer the single 32 channel.

So far I am thinking of maybe going with a 32 Channel Dahua, or MAYBE 2x 16 Channel Swann 4000 Series DVR. The only reason I am looking at the Swann is because it is well priced, I am not concerned with buying Swann cameras, I am only buying their DVR, and the software looks very well put together. I have never used either the Dahua or the Swann, and I just wanted to see how people find their reliability, and functionality, especially with local and remote backup capabilities.