beamen

Dahua IPC-HDBW3300 - Video delay (fixed) - fan noise (fixed)

I just got this camera mounted yesterday. The image and build quality of this unit is great! It is just used for watching our Rottweiler (12 weeks old) when we are away at work. I ordered a Foscam a month ago, but the bug bit me and I just HAD to have this camera. It had all the features I wanted and needed and for a BARGAIN of a price. I don't want to come on here and people think I am spamming, but if I'm allowed I'd like you give a big thanks to the company, but I'll let a mod give me the OK first

I mounted it up to what I believed to be a good position, and I NAILED it the first time. Both in the tilt and view angle I wanted. So that was a BIG, but a very nice surprise

Anyways, the "problem" is I have video delay - like 2 seconds. It doesn't lag or anything (after doing some adjustments in the video settings), but there is just a big delay in the picture, which wasn't the case with the Foscam. Is this normal?

Also if anyone has a ebay link to a Mic that will be PnP for this camera, that would be GREAT!

Also the fan noise is a bit annoying. The camera is mounted right outside our bedroom, it's not loud, per say, but it is annoying and you can defiantly hear it. Are there any mods that can be done to adjust the speed or get a better fan?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

delay view using what software?

I don't have a software or NVR, I just have the camera and watch it from the webpage (camera IP) and from the IP Cam Viewer app on Android.

There is a 2 second delay from when something happens, to when it shows up on the camera.

Try to use PSS software (available at dahua's website or on the CD that came with your camera)

On Android, use gDMSS dedicated software.

Also, what CPU usage do you have on your PC while viewing via IE?

Two to three seconds or so delay has been my experience with the Dahua cameras when I view them in IE also. I have only used them in basic testing, but in the web browser that was normal behavior for me.

Try to use PSS software (available at dahua's website or on the CD that came with your camera)

On Android, use gDMSS dedicated software.

Also, what CPU usage do you have on your PC while viewing via IE?

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Don't know the CPU usage, but it's not a concern. I have a powerful desktop PC. Quad core - 4Ghz, lots of ram, SSD disk, Windows 7.

Most of my testing has been via my Android phone on my LAN. Smooth picture (most of the time), but it does have a delay.

Two to three seconds or so delay has been my experience with the Dahua cameras when I view them in IE also. I have only used them in basic testing, but in the web browser that was normal behavior for me.

Maybe this is the norm?

Do you guys have a video delay on your Dahua cams?

Also, I'm having some problems with the quality of the stream now. It seems to drop frames and is jerky. I have 50/100mbit fiber, so it's not a speed problem. Any suggestions? It might be a router problem. I have opened TCP and UDP ports in one rule, maybe this is the reason. I will update this thread if the router is the cause of the dropped frames.

Also, I'm having some problems with the quality of the stream now. It seems to drop frames and is jerky. I have 50/100mbit fiber, so it's not a speed problem. Any suggestions? It might be a router problem. I have opened TCP and UDP ports in one rule, maybe this is the reason. I will update this thread if the router is the cause of the dropped frames.

Do you have any motion detect windows running? If I have more than two running at once on my Axis camera I'll also get jerky streaming video. The camera on-board CPU just can't handle the workload.

I've also measured 45mbps when streaming 1280x720 @ 30fps (uncompressed). Depending on your settings you could be pushing your network more than you think.

Here's an edited repost of mine from a different delay thread:

I just tested my Dahua HFW2100 and HFW3300C, and both had a lag of about 1.5 seconds.

This was on the IE web interface, VLC, and Blue Iris. My Vivotek FD8134 is about 0.5 seconds faster than the Dahuas.

My BI is on a dedicated PC, and I ran the VLC and the web interface on a utility PC; both are modest i3-540 boxes, one with 2G, one with 4G RAM, and Win7Embedded 32 bit.

Tested again and I set separate forward rules on tcp, udp and http. I also used the official app that dex recommended.

Video delay was down to 0.5 seconds and frame drops are rare so it seems it was a router problem.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help guys.

forgot to mention: UDP is barely used, so you can forget about that port

and NEVER forward in mode TCP+UDP data port (37777)

forgot to mention: UDP is barely used, so you can forget about that port

and NEVER forward in mode TCP+UDP data port (37777)

Thanks, it's not on that port

Also, anything I can do with the fan? The sound is low pitched, so it's pretty annoying.

Can I change the fan to a better unit or remove it all together?

BTW, how do I change the view angle? It's a varifocal lens. Is it set at the widest from factory?

Just got an answer from Will at K&D: You can disconnect the fan if it's mounted inside. The fan is just to blow hot air around to all the other parts if it's mounted outside Now I am pretty much 100% happy with this cam! I think I'm going to buy a new one now to mount outside, either a new dome or a bullet camera