Sign in to follow this  
jkpc21

NVR Setup Recommendations

Newbie member here.

I'm looking to setup a 4-8 camera surveillance system for my home (NVR with IP cameras). Some things that I want the system to be able to do is:

1) Be able to monitor the video from a web browser (ie, firefox, chrome, etc) Any one of those would work. (I dont care if i can control the cameras from the browser)

2) Be able to change the video input on any one of the 3 TV's in my house and view the all the cameras (I dont care if i can control the cameras, i just want to be able to view them on any tv in my house)

3) Video quality.. No point in setting up cameras if you cant make out what is going on.

Anyways, i'd like a rack mountable system if possible (i'm setting up a little data closet with a mini rack) but am open to other options. I'd prefer to buy one brand and manufacturer for simplicity and compatibility purposes, but i am also open to mixing and matching if that would work out better.

Budget is around $2500 - $3000 (This is preferred, but there is little room to move if it means getting a better system.

I'm also open to DVR solutions if it can accomplish the same goals.

Thanks in advance.