DJman

Connect door Bell intercom (camera) with Dvr

Hello.

I would like to know if anyone has tried connecting the door bell intercom (camera) with a DVR.

I have a 16ch dvr and I would like to have view of my entrance from the intercom camera at all time

Is it possible?

Depends on your intercom system.

Most systems use composite video which can be split (using a splitter) and sent to the DVR on BNC connectors.

Some systems use digital video or mix the video and audio on the same wires, which would have to be demultiplexed.

Is there any way so I can found out this? I opened my intercom and I saw 4-5 cables and one larger cable (like TV cables).

I tried connecting this larger cable with a bnc and then with a bnc cable to my dvr but I had no picture.

Make and model of intercom? Check the manufacturer's website or contact them about getting an external video output.

a system of that age probably uses coax. However you will have to check the video termination.

Cameras on door entry sstems are often powered only when the handset is lifted or there is a call from the door - have you checked that?

The house is from 2003. In order to open the camera I have to press the third button or someone ring by bell.

This means that it doesn't sends video signal all the time?

thank you

The house is from 2003. In order to open the camera I have to press the third button or someone ring by bell.

This means that it doesn't sends video signal all the time?

thank you

probably, the camera is not powered continuously.

Should be simple to rewire the cam for continuous power.

the power supply may not be rated for continuous use.

True... Not sure what the odds are, but it's possible. Heck, for that matter, who said that they specced the cam for continuous use? Or even the power wires?

Indeed... I think the best solution is to install a new camera just for the dvr.

Thank you all