Sign in to follow this  
peterdewolf

AVN257 IE on Windows cannot access camera

OK got this camera correctly configured with the DDNS and can access it locally and remotely on an iPad with Eagle Eyes. Trying to access it remotely from two different windows pcs and both are returning the same errors.

the server ( mac-etc-.ddns.eagleeyes.tw at ip camera 00**********E3 requires a username and password.

warning this server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner ( basic authentication without a secure connection )

windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher

name. dvcam_ipcam2.ocx

publisher unknown publisher

The camera has a username ( admin ) and password ( admin )which are accepted with EagleEyes but windows rejects these. Any ideas folks ?

peterdewolf

These cameras come with SSL as the default, I usually change it as soon as i get the camera, but try putting HTTPS:// when referencing the camera

Thanks, but so far I keep getting asked repeatedly for username and password with or without the 's' at the end of the http, if I click, 'live view' in between user admin popups I get the IPcam viewer for 'visitor' but no video. If I click on supervisor or administrator nothing happens.

Phew ! I've been fiddling with this on three different PCs and they are so unresponsive compared to my Macbook that I keep thinking they are broken or ancient ? but I'm assured they are up to date

my problem all along was the port I had assigned to the camera. If it is being accessed through a browser it must use port 80, just stumbled on that this morning. I had assigned port 88 as eagleeyes grabbed that port automatically and I left it that way.

Port 88 can be accessed through eagleeyes or videoviewer, no problem, but if you have to get into the camera to configure it then you need to access it via a browser and it must use port 80. I've changed the port and can now successfully access the camera and all its menus. Many thanks for your help, it all nudged me in the right direction.

You should be able to access a different port through the browser by appending the port number to the IP address, like so:

192.168.1.100:88