n0fx

Automated FTP Backup for NVRs (Nuuo Titan)

I just recently bought a Titan NVR unit and read that it had a remote "FTP" backup. I thought this was a nifty idea to do but I couldn't figure out if the unit would recycle the footage after a certain period or will it continuously just keep uploading the footage until the ftp server runs out of space?

I was thinking of setting up a NAS on the network with a FTP server, have the NVR backup there as a secondary backup. I'm afraid that I will need to manually delete the data every so often, so that it doesn't run out of space.

Has anyone setup a automatic FTP backup with their NVR and had it recycle like the machine would? If it's not possible, is there any automated solutions that are reasonably priced (around $1,000 to $1,500) that I can use to backup my NVR, just incase the machine gets stolen or hard drive crashes?

I was thinking of uploading to the cloud but I don't think I have enough bandwidth to upload all that data every night, as a backup. My upstream is only 5Mbit.

Hello,

I have same NUUO titan server nvr.

Did you find some solution?

Best REgards,

Maxim

Anyone figure out a better approach for this dilema yet?

This for me has been one of the most difficult things to do. So far all I can figure out was to use Synology DSM5 as the NVR and backup to Amazon Glacier (Really Cheap to upload and store, more expensive and slow to retrieve). I also have snapshots upload to a separate FTP during any motion detection. I would love to hear how others solve this...?