Sign in to follow this  
90beater

New here, looking to upgrade, with vid to show CCTV is great

Hi I am new here and looking to upgrade from a 8 ch DVR with cheap cameras to something a little better.

I am looking into a NVR with 720 or 1080p cameras. 4 fixed and one PZT at least. Costco has a great deal on a 1080p 4 ch DVR with cameras but I would like an 8 ch system if I can find one for not too much more. I have the ability to setup my own system (I work in IT) but so far haven't found too many options.

OK on with the fun. I live on a kind of steep hill and recently had a furniture store box truck lose it's parking brake and roll down hill, turn right into my driveway and crash into my garage. The guys stayed until I got home 15 minutes later and all info from them and liability from the insurance company is taken care of. Did the cameras have anything to do with it? Who knows, but if they did take off the DVR would have all the answers.

The camera: although the image isn't great did a great job of capturing what happened. The opposing view was taken out by what happened. With a HD camera I bet this would be even better.