low56

Need help choosing new system for home.

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a new home surveillance system for my residence. I was looking at Qsee and Swann but hear those are not that really good. I've been pointed towards Dahua and wanted to see if I can get some assistance.

I am looking for either an 8 or 16 channel system that can recognize faces indoor and outdoors.

Debating over a typical analog system D1 or an IP system. My only concern with IP system is that it would be connecting to my home DSL line and I'm not sure I have the bandwidth to cover 8-12 cameras. Not too concerned with real time remote viewing but am really interested in getting good details from picture if and when I need it. I have 6.75 Mbps download and .86 Mbps upload.

Can you assist in any recommendations?

So I've decided on the following setup from securitycameraking.

16 Channel IP NVR

NVR-ELM-16

and

1.3 Megapixel IR Dome

IPOD-EL1MPIR50.

I am now looking at which POE switch to use and have heard several people talk about Zyxel.

My question is that I plan on using 8 IP cameras but know that the Zyxel 8 port POE switch require at least one port for my Router which leaves me only 7 powered ports. What is the recommendation on another Zyxel port that can power 8 POE ports plus one more router port.

Thanks