bluegene

Video Splitting on 2nd DVR

Hello Guys, I have a query regarding cctv system design.let me first tell you the scenario.There is a retail shop which has 8 cctv cameras (analog) hooked to a dvr, Now the owner wants to split 4 cameras feed to another dvr for replication,this is needed if there is an intrusion and the primary dvr is taken away.please give your expert opinion on the best architecture to be followed.We are thinking of using a video spilitter to the other dvr.Is there any other efficient option.

what type of dvr should be used mpeg4 or h.264?

The user also want remote viewing feature?

Please give your valuable comments.Thank You

You could have the splitters up in a drop ceiling for instance so it would not be obvious the cable was split and the alternate DVR is hidden in another location. Splitters will generally require power which may be as simple as tapping into your cameras power supply if they are the same type of voltage (DC or AC), if not you can use converters. If the cameras can operate on 24vac OR 12vdc then it would be easy just to tap into the incoming power to the camera. The alternate DVR could be whatever you want, h.264 and remote view is pretty much standard.

How weird... I think this is the third time I read about this subject on the last days, while I do not remember this being asked before.

We have installed several times double DVR systems; leave the old DVR on plain sight, install the new one hidden somewhere, so if there is a break in, they will just take the old unit without even thinking that there might be another one installed somewhere else. We use what we call a video distributor 2x4ch, 2x8ch or 2x16ch like the following:

http://www.securame.com/video-distributor-2x4ch-bnc-distribuidor-de-video-c0408-p-967.html

http://www.securame.com/video-distributor-2x8ch-bnc-distribuidor-de-video-c0816-p-968.html

212557_1.jpg

If all the cabling is in place, we will find a place with enough room where we can cut all the cables and put BNC connectors on the two sides. From there, the cable from the camera will go to an input on the video distributor (In 1), the cable to the old DVR will go to an output 1 from input 1 (Out 1.1), and we will just install short cable to go from output 2 from input 1 (Out 1.2) to the new DVR. I hope I am explaining myself enough!