MiamiBeachBum

PTZ cameras

Automatic camera tracking has been around for a while, in fact the US military already use systems for various applications.

How about linking a tracking PTZ with a facial recognition system? Now we're talking creepy

yep, nothing new, even a new breed in CCTV like Phillips has it in their PTZ's, i wish the old timers like Kalatel etc would get on the bandwagon, though i hear it is coming out in Kalatel soon. If Provideo could get it now it will be great I may have to try a GEO just for the heck of it, to use this feature. None of our Florida Disributors sell GEO though, feel free to post a link to a Florida company that does sell GEO if anyone has a link , thanks

Or Thomas if your cards do this let me know.

Rory

You dont need to buy expensive PTZ's for indoors, we sell one here for $344 US Keyboard controller and dome auto iris with pan, it only has digital zoom, but at that price, it is cheap to put in like 16 and have them all on tours... as far as creepy goes, I have cameras everywhere, still waiting on someone to emial me a picture of myself picking my nose or something like that... 4 PTZ's and 16 Cameras all in one room about 2 foot from my desk, very scary indeed.

I have cameras everywhere, still waiting on someone to emial me a picture of myself picking my nose or something like that... 4 PTZ's and 16 Cameras all in one room about 2 foot from my desk, very scary indeed.

i'll see what i can do

www.demovi.com

There you go Rory. The camera you want is Phillips. I can also be seen on the demo from time to time as I move around the office. Phillip is usually in at about 11 am centeral time. I don't have a camera at my desk (due to the fact that I have a wireing nightmare and an area we use for building machines behind me. If called, I will take request to go and wave to a camera.

Not sure I'd look at Philips as 'a new breed in CCTV'

On the subject of creepy, how about .... automatic tracking, with facial recognition .... and millimetric wave surveillance which strips of clothing?

Sorry, it should have been Phillip's. The gentleman's name is Phillip. And I can still go one better then that. Add a BB gun.

Not sure I'd look at Philips as 'a new breed in CCTV'

On the subject of creepy, how about .... automatic tracking, with facial recognition .... and millimetric wave surveillance which strips of clothing?

they are new compared to kalatel, ultrack, etc..

Philips, Phillips, Fill lips, is it me or is anyone else getting confused?

Thomas, I think I worked out who your Phillip was, but I still haven't got a clue what a BB gun is; bet it's not terribly legal?

Rory, I'm guessing your Phillips was actually Philips; so how long have Kalatel and Ultrak been doing CCTV?

I think I've now progressed from creepy onto spooky; somewhere in the 'Twilight Zone' perhaps ....

Sorry, a BB gun is a "toy" gun. It shoots a small metal pellet that's about 1 cm across. It's generally air powered. It's not really dangerous to humans (except if you hit the right areas like the eyes,) and it's used to teach basic shooting or hunting very small game.

Sorry, a BB gun is a "toy" gun. It shoots a small metal pellet that's about 1 cm across. It's generally air powered. It's not really dangerous to humans (except if you hit the right areas like the eyes,) and it's used to teach basic shooting or hunting very small game.

It can still hurt

Rory, I'm guessing your Phillips was actually Philips; so how long have Kalatel and Ultrak been doing CCTV?

I think I've now progressed from creepy onto spooky; somewhere in the 'Twilight Zone' perhaps ....

id have to check, but phillips only started couple years ago while Ultrack & Kalatel have been in it for at least over 10 years or more. Phillips was also using Kalatel's technology when they first started up, using Wavereader for their DVRs.

It's amazing what you learn on this site, we'll probably be swopping recipes next

I'm still not clear on this Philips issue. Is the Phillips you're talking about Rory, a completely new player, or the dutch based corporation?