Sign in to follow this  
andrewluke

camera osd menu on dvr?

hi,

i have an Informer INF916D H.264 CCTV DVR http://www.onlinesecurityproducts.co.uk/informer-16-channel-dvrs/informer-inf916d-h264-cctv-dvr-16-channels-1tb-dvdr.html and PSG1002IR/W camera http://psg-info.com/cameras/psg1002irw , i would like to know if i can adjust the settings of the camera through the dvr,the cameras can be used with either utp or RG59 cable,

thanks andrew

You can't. To be able to do that, the camera would need to have RS485 for controlling remotely the OSD menus (like PTZ cameras). You can only adjust the settings from the camera itself.

You can't. To be able to do that, the camera would need to have RS485 for controlling remotely the OSD menus (like PTZ cameras). You can only adjust the settings from the camera itself.

in the manual for the camera and it says "the camera has a RJ45 socket for UTP,the camera uses UTP for transmitting video signals,power and transferring RS-485 control data"

andrew

The camera is the one you linked above? Because that one is an analog camera, and it does not say anything about RJ45 or RS485.

here's a pic of the manual

213942_1.jpg

It does have RS485, so you can indeed control the OSD menus from the DVR!

thank you,

more help needed please,

is there an adapter available to convert the connector(25 pin) on the back of my dvr(as seen in pic) to a rs485 connection

214100_1.jpg

thanks andrew