quovadis

Help with a standalone DVR please

I managed to set this up once and had it all working ... then one time I went to log in remotely and nothing .....so

I bought a new D link router and got D link tech support to help set it up for me .......This we did succesfully and all was ok for a week , then it went off .... so back to dlink and they assisted again .and we went through all the port forwarding scenario again after resetting both the DVR and router back to factory condition ....with all this effort D link couldn't get it going ..... I have carried on for a few days and checking and rechecking everything , I have managed to see the dvr and cameras on the internal address, and if I type in the external IP I can also see the DVR and cameras ....so you would think all is well .... but when I go to try outside the house I am unable to access the dvr or cameras ??

If I ping from outside the house from work I get 100% replies ... I asked Dlink to check and they cannot access either ? .... I have checked the security of the browser, the security settings etc ... but cannot seem to nail the issue

The router I first started with ( now disconnected at DLINK,s request was DIR 605L... The one I am now using is a spare I had in the draw is a DLINK DI 524 ...and it seems fine I am port forwarding on 80 and 0900 and the rules were set up with Dlink help so there should be no issues here ...I have good internet signals or issues .... I also better mention the signal comes into the house to a virgin media router ....which again with dlinks help was disabled to use a modem only ie straight through signal to the DI 524

I have also spoken to Virgin to ask if they could run a check on the line to see if any ports or indeed anything is in place to block ports and signals ...they confirm after testing no ... and advise that as their router is now in effect a modem there is no way that this can be effected ....

After all this and the ability to view the dvr and cameras ....I CANT LOG IN REMOTELY !!!! ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY .....WHY !!!! any help or guidance appreciated

regards

Paul