cachecreekcctv

DVR controlling PTZ over LAN , WAN

Just need to ask if anyone has ever done at least 1 of the following installs: "A"- Control PTZ over a LAN from a DVR,"B"- control PTZ over WAN (high speed internet) from a DVR. Would be interested in "picking" someones' brain here. Done basic installs, but haven't gotten as far as controlling the PTZ functions from a DVR. If using DVR is not reliable, should I just use regular routine and install normal controls? All suggestions welcome here!!Thanks

What device(s) are necessary to complete the schematic if using DVR to control PTZ on a LAN? I have never finished this sort of installation. There must be some sort of controlling device. If I were to use 24vac as the PT power, there must be a PC board that would convert the signal from the DVR to control the PT with 24vac. Would this connection use the rs232 or the rs485 from the DVR? Any help here? The PTZ controllers I have seen installed use a rs495 connection, as far as I have seen . Would that be a more "simpler" way to go (with a controller instead of using the DVR)? Thanks.