Dâniel Fraga

Dahua HFW2100 x TP-Link WDR4300

Is somebody using Dahua HFW2100 with a TP-Link WDR4300 router? It seems a bad combination, because this router will not detect the camera wired to it sometimes.

I have problems with this router wired to my desktop, which uses a e1000e intel adapter... Maybe the auto-negotiation of this router is so bad it leads to these problems?

To sum up: sometimes the router detects the camera's IP and sometimes it doesn't... Unfortunately I don't have another router here to test. I changed cables and the problem remains.

Is there someone using the same router or maybe another one from TP-Link and having issues?

Thanks.

Have you tried a firmware update? That may help if TP-Link is still supporting it.

Most of the problems I've seen with home routers failing have been due to the cheap Chinese wall wart power supplies going bad. This can be hard to check, as the output may look good with no load (when it's easy to measure), but drop down when it's plugged in.

You can check with a meter by opening up the router, but this isn't recommended unless you're comfortable poking around in the innards of electronic equipment.

Have you tried a firmware update? That may help if TP-Link is still supporting it.

Most of the problems I've seen with home routers failing have been due to the cheap Chinese wall wart power supplies going bad. This can be hard to check, as the output may look good with no load (when it's easy to measure), but drop down when it's plugged in.

You can check with a meter by opening up the router, but this isn't recommended unless you're comfortable poking around in the innards of electronic equipment.

Yes, I tried the firmware update and the problem remains. It uses a 12V (1.5A). I think I'll try to put a switch in between the router and the camera.

Well, it seems the problem is with the camera.

I tried with another router (from another brand) and the problem remains.

There's something wrong with this camera when powered by a 12V power supply (I'm still waiting for the TL-POE150S I bought to arrive).

Is there anybody out there who uses this camera with a 12V power supply and have the same problem? Maybe a defect with this one?

Basicaly it works for a few hous, then the ethernet link goes dead. Sometimes it goes back again when I power it off and on, but it seems the camera stays in a state where it refuses to "talk" to the router.

Should I have any hope when powering it thru POE or maybe it will show the same behaviour?

99% PoE will not solve this.

It may be a cable problem?

What do you mean by "detected by the router"? Assign an IP or just make link?

Of course, in the end, could be a hardware problem/dead on arrival product.

99% PoE will not solve this.

It may be a cable problem?

What do you mean by "detected by the router"? Assign an IP or just make link?

Of course, in the end, could be a hardware problem/dead on arrival product.

Ok. I changed cables and the problem remains.

Sometimes it doesn't "make link" and sometimes it doesn't assign an IP.

Anyway, I'm replacing this with another one. When it arrives I will post here again to confirm the problem has gone. Thanks.