Sign in to follow this  
twistertime

Intellex LT DVR Hard Drive question

Just bought a used Intellex 16 Ch LT DVR with 4.3 software. There is only one 500 GB hard drive installed and this needs to be removed and sent back to the head office. There is no backup or recovery CD and the person I am dealing with cannot access anything other then the cameras because the system has a password that he does not know.

I am looking at installing this system in my home and realize now that I will need to install a hard drive but I do not have a disk with OS and Intellex software so I was wondering if someone can help me with some options or next steps.

BTW- the system is still active with the hard drive until next week when it will be removed but now on powerup it is asking us for a password that we do not have?

Help!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply

Tony

Talked with American Dynamics Tech support yesterday and they told me that I will need to purchase a hard drive and partition it with 20 Gig for the OS/SIntellex software, then install the hard drive and run the recovery disk.

Well the hard drive and the partition I am ok with, the issue I have is that I need a recovery disk. The sticker on the front of the machine says I need a 0710-3088-0101 disk. Is there anyone out there in the CCTV community that could help me locate this.

Thanks again

Tony in Canada

Aha, another of the very last Zellers customers.

Man, that's tough one. I made sure that I got all of the goodies when I removed the DVR from the store. There are two recovery disks, 0710-2880-0104 and 0710-2881-0104 for mine. I'm not sure if they're compatible or not. You will need a SATA HDD, but I never had to partition anything, just ran the disks and it all works.

Once you have obtained and run the disks, the default password is 1234.

Good luck!