dahomes555

Post/Pole for CCTV Installation

I'm designing a system for a customer that lives at the end of a "dead end" road. He wants to have a license plate camera on near the edge of his driveway so that he can monitor all the vehicles that come up the road and turn around. He wants to have the camera at about 4-5' up and in a protected enclosure mounted to a pole.

I know that I have seen some of my competitors with a similar application (i.e. on the entrance to a gated community or parking lot), but I can't seem to find anyone who makes it. I'm wondering if this is something that they have fabricated themselves, or if it was put together from bits and pieces of other projects.

I put together this quick sketchup to show the rough dimensions and application of this pole that I want.

1227449435_ScreenShot2013-04-05at8_30_32AM.thumb.png.541566b03252aac8c115efa6d88575f5.png

[Find a Steel plate manufacturer, I have one here in Bolton UK who would manufacture

me something like you show for about £100 fully paint finished. You need to close the

aperture with some 5mm anti vandal Lexan or similar sheet.

The guy that makes me special brackets etc from steel works in the Commercial Vehicle

body manufacturing and repair. The CCTV stuff is just seen by them as a fun distraction.

They have sved me days looking for special brackets, posts, solutions etc.

They simply manufacture anything what I want that I can't buy commercially ready made.

They did make me some great anti-attack housings for a local Prison job I was doing, those

have stood upto the test of attack and been very successful and effective.

Your design will need a method of sliding the camera in and out so it can be adjusted and a

locking water resistant hatch at the side or rear. I would paint it bright yellow and reinforce

the lower half to resist vehicle attack.

Thanks. I unfortunately don't have the luck of knowing "a guy" who can build that for me and honestly this job isn't worth enough to spend the time to trying to find someone who can build this for me. I just want to buy one already made and install it.

Thanks. I unfortunately don't have the luck of knowing "a guy" who can build that for me and honestly this job isn't worth enough to spend the time to trying to find someone who can build this for me. I just want to buy one already made and install it.

They want it all but don't want to pay for it. They want hidden cameras but when you ask why hidden they dry up because they've been caught out being a smart *rse. There is only one thing wrong with this business CUSTOMERS.

All of the license plate cams i've seen have been mounted up on poles except for one time i saw an installer install a cam a speed bump.

All of the license plate cams i've seen have been mounted up on poles except for one time i saw an installer install a cam a speed bump.

It's important that the mounting suffers as little vibration or movement as possible since ANPR cameras are set to narrow angle to concentrate on a small area and therefore potentially suffer from lens shake of vibration more than a wider angle lens might.

It's all accademic as he can't be bothered and his client doesn't want to pay that kind of money. He'' end up supplying something his client won't be happy with so quite rightly he's lost interest. Very sensible. " title="Applause" />