Sign in to follow this  
alamoscout

Wireless Networking

I'm using a 54 Mbps antenna to send video from 3 IP cameras. Two are bullet Cameras at two MP. One is a PTZ at 1.3 MP. The antenna ( TP Link WA 5210G is full duplex in the So the way I understand Bits and bytes, that means the antenna can handle 27 million bits a second. So if I have each camera set at even 4000 bits a second, that means I have a total of 12000 bits a second. So why do I have a 8 second delay from camera site to remote site ? The antenna is 12 dbi good line of sight and less than a mile. Any ideas ?????

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WA5210G#down

A few factors here that can play a role. What is the signal level? Is this in an area that would have a lot of noise in that spectrum? LOS isn't everything, you also need to make sure you clear the fresnel zone. And just because an ap can handle 54Mbps doesn't mean that is what you get. As the signal gets weaker, the available data rates decrease.

If you ping the cameras, what is the delay?

Have to done a speed test from one end to the other?

There are a lot of things that can be causing low bandwidth or latency and a lot of things that can help you out. Wireless links can be tricky if you haven't worked a lot with them.